This past Friday, December 16th 2016 we held our 3rd annual JPSC Holiday Party at the Putnam County Golf Course in Mahopac. This is the second year hosting at this venue and it was another great experience with the floor plan layout, food, drinks and entertainment. We had the space to fill the room with wonderful families who made the effort to attend and enjoy a night with their soccer family. We had many things planned for the evening such as special guests, speeches, gifts, and a video montage.
The night had a little bit of everything:
- Speeches were given from myself, Joe and many of the Board members
- Two professional player appearances from Leo Fernandes and Brian “Cobi” Span
- Leo Plays for the Philadelphia Union in the MLS
- Brian “Cobi” plays for IFK Mariehamn in Finland and just won the Finnish league title
- Cobi is also an Alumni of the academy and began here at a young age where he was named after Cobi Jones
- Guest speaker Jon Goldberg who has been a long time supporter of Joe Palumbo and his mission
- Silent Auction with many great prizes
- Video Montage
- Maria Fareri Children’s Hospital Donation
- DANCING, SINGING, LAUGHTER, HUGS AND GOOD COMPANY!
The party was a huge success in getting together with people who feel a big part of the JPSC family and understand the tradition, the love, and passion for soccer that is displayed throughout the club. I want to thank everyone who was in attendance at the party for making the night special! Joe spoke about skill and attitude as two of the most important aspects of development for our kids playing with JPSC. Without skill you will not be able to contribute to the team in any role on the field. Without the attitude to play the game and also train for the game your goals will not be achieved. These words are true to soccer and life because they are really two in the same.
Big thank you to Denise Palumbo and Michael Hind on creating the Video Montage below:
Maria Fareri Donation!
03′ GIRLS WITH LEO AND COBI!
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all of our JPSC members!