Dear JPSC Parents and Players,
Welcome to the 2020 Fall JPSC season!
Thank you in advance for your commitment to JPSC and trust in our organization for your child’s soccer development. Through our motto of skill, sportsmanship and self discipline we believe that each member of our club develops as a person and a soccer player. These three key values of our club should consistently be reviewed, encouraged and reminded by all. We define these values as the following:
It is the acquired ability, that has been learned with time, to choose and perform the right techniques at the right time, successfully, regularly, with a minimum of effort and under pressure (time/space/opponents). Skill is acquired and therefore has to be learned from a reliable source.
It is the conduct and attitude of participants in sports, especially when considered commendable as in fair play and courtesy. It encompasses both ethical behavior and acts of integrity. Sportsmanship exemplifies character, respect and social responsibility as it relates to instilled family values.
It is the ability to forgo instant and immediate gratification and pleasure, in favor of some greater gain or more satisfying results, even if this requires effort and time. Self-discipline gives you the power to stick to your decisions and follow them through.
As we return to the field from a long pause due to the ongoing global pandemic it is imperative that we work together to maintain the safety and well being of our players and families as well as staff members. This has always been at the top of our priorities and will continue to be as we welcome everyone back to our home facility.
The halt in construction for over 2 months due to Covid-19 puts the completion date of the new building at the JPSA facility back about 2 months. Due to construction, parking restrictions and the global pandemic that we are navigating through, we are forced to operate with new procedures. Change is a challenge for all of us and we understand there continues to be a sensitivity towards our current lifestyle. Again, we believe these new procedures are for the safety of all during operations. Our club procedures are outlined below:
- There will only be drop off and pick up. Parents are not permitted to get out of your car.
- Adults are required to wear a mask when dropping off and picking up.
- When picking up, please be aware of the waiting lanes to maximize the number of cars for pickup.
This drop off system will continue until larger gatherings are permitted and parking constraints improve at the facility.
PLAYER ARRIVAL & DISMISSAL:
- Players must arrive prepared in JPSC gear and limited belongings
- Players must use hand-sanitizer at the appropriate stations before entering the fields and at departure.
- Players should be conscious of a 6 foot distance during water breaks.
TEMPERATURE CHECKS & PARENT SIGNATURE
- Temperatures will be taken of all players being dropped off.
- Parents must bring THEIR OWN pen for initialing child’s drop off and pick up.
- For tracing purposes, the facility must keep a daily log of all people who enter the property each day.
PLAYER APPROACH TO SESSIONS:
- Learning sessions are mandatory and punctuality is expected
- If there is a conflict with attendance it must be communicated to the coach or a club staff member.
- If a player is late, players MUST have a reason for late arrivals.
- Proper club attire is mandatory for all club events (sessions, games, etc)
- Proper Protection for Practices and games (Shin-guards and cleats at all times)
- Coaches teach the game
- Sessions are referred to as learning sessions. Players must approach the session eager to learn and with a good attitude.
- Effort will be recognized by the club.
- Humility will be reinforced by all staff members and is expected from players.
- Coaches strive to make every session an enjoyable and positive learning experience. Players should look forward to coming to training and leave each session content.
- Players must strive to be a better player on and off the field.
- Individual responsibility
- Continue self improvement outside of learning sessions and games.
- Follow the game (favorite professional soccer teams and players)
- Develop good eating habits and daily physical activity.
- Ask questions when something is not clear.
We are looking forward to beginning the fall 2020 season with learning sessions and soon followed by league games.
Yours in soccer,
Just Play Soccer Club