Some words from Mike!
Here are some thoughts from one of our trainers at JPSA, Michael Corbi!
Mike has grown up at Joe Palumbo Soccer Academy as a child learning the philosophy and training we provide and is now experiencing it on the other end as a trainer and soccer educator.
Things we worked on
- Close control (stop & push, rollovers, etc.)
- Proper dribbling technique
- Pulling the ball back to change direction
- Using both feet to make cuts in and out of cones
- Agilities (speed, quick feet, change of direction)
- Keeping the ball close and taking plenty of touches
- Full agility and ball work circuit using both halves of the field
- Mixed in agilities, shooting, and ball control
- Receiving the ball and switching the field
Advice to Players
- Have the self discipline to remember to wear your training shirt every week
- Be on time and prepared for every class
- Working hard at training is great but to truly get better, you must work just as hard on your own
- Learn to have control of the ball before anything else
- Juggle the ball on your own as much as you can
- If you think something is too easy, you are not working hard enough
First 4 weeks
The first 4 weeks of winter training have proved why this program is second to none. From the dedication of the staff to the passion of the players, every class is a pleasure to be a part of. With kids improving every class, it is exciting to see what the next 6 weeks will bring. The curriculum is purposely designed to guide every player through the 10 weeks while giving each one a chance to improve drastically.